• Founder and President of Serve International, Inc. 1981—present
• Coordinator for Church Vitality, Mission to North America, Presbyterian Church in America 1994—2004
• Member of the Board of Directors for Ligonier Ministries and Mission America.
• Has written numerous publications. With Evangelism Explosion he wrote nine books and with Serve International he has written fifteen publications.
• Has instructed thousands of pastors and leaders on every continent of the earth in personal evangelism, discipleship church nurture, and kingdom-focused prayer. Portions of Serve’s ministry have been culturally adapted for use throughout the Hispanic world. Serve training materials are also being used by Russian Christians.
• Holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southeastern Bible College, Birmingham, Alabama; a Master of Divinity degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Wenham, Massachusetts; and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
• First International Director and Executive Vice President of Evangelism Explosion III, International, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 1973—1981
• Associate Pastor, Minister of Evangelism at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 1969—1978 and Minister of International Outreach, 1978—1982
• Ordained in the United Presbyterian Church and served as Pastor in Massachusetts, Alabama, Washington, DC area, and Florida.
• Participant in international congresses on world evangelization in the United States, Switzerland, Thailand, and Holland.
• Member of the Lausanne Continuation Committee for World Evangelization.
• Listed in Who’s Who in Religion.
• Served in the U.S. Navy as a Medical Corpsman from 1947—1951. Three of those years Archie was attached to the Fleet Marine Force. He served in combat with the 1st Marine Division in the Korean War. His unit received a presidential commendation and he was personally decorated for valor during the Chosen Reservoir Campaign. July 1996, he was one of the speakers at the dedication of the Korean War memorial in Washington, DC.
• Archie and his wife Jean have three children, John, Anne, and Jane, and six grandchildren.